6.24.2008

Play Ball

For the 2nd year in a row, Brian is the head coach of Ben's baseball team. This year, they are the Cardinals, and once again, Ben is number 5.

Ben is becoming a true baseball fan, asks all kinds of questions about the strategies involved in the game, and has begun collecting baseball cards. Brian of course, is thrilled!

Matt, Adam and I make it to just about every game and practice. The rule of thumb is that while Ben's team is batting, we watch. When Ben is in the outfield, we head to the park and play. They do pretty well with this arrangement.

This is a K-1 league. The coach pitches 7 balls and if the player has not made contact, the ball is put on the tee. This ensures success for everyone. An inning consists of batting once through the line-up, and no score, strikes, or outs are recorded.

The boys, big and small, seem to love it!

Pre-Game Pep Talk

Uh Dad, I Mean Coach, I Have a Question

Swing Batta Batta

Watching My Big Brother

4 comments:

Sally said...

Adam's singing to himself,
"Put me in coach, I'm ready to play"

lil' mama said...

C and L are ITCHING to be in your shoes! Really everyday a baseball comment to C is made by dad. Hil, do you make the hotdogs for the team? :)

Heather said...

Check out the "large print" jersey numbers!

Heather said...

Oh, and schnikee does Adam look like toddler Hil!