We took my dad and the boys up to Bethel to visit my mom who has worked in the library for several years. Bethel has added some new buildings since Brian and I were both there, and most recently, they added a BEAUTIFUL new dining center. Vaulted ceilings, pretty wood work, selections galore of food, and get this all you Bethel grads....there's is even a place called "The Underground" that is basically a non-alcoholic night-club. Dance floor and all! My, how times have changed!
It was a lot of fun to walk around on a a beautiful spring evening and reminisce about the good ol' days. We even walked through Arden Village East, and Brian knocked on the door of his old townhouse, told the unsuspecting guy and the gal I presume is his girlfried, that he used to live there and asked if he could come inside and check it out. I guess I wasn't all that surprised when they smiled and said, "Sure, come on in!" How do you say no to a complete stranger who has knocked on your door and asked to come in, and has 3 small children, a wife, a his in-laws all standing there with him?!
Click here to see more pictures of the new building.
1992 and 1996 grads
Where do college kids get these ideas? A cable stretched between 2 buildings...why not toss our old tennis shoes up there. Pretty clever. The boys thought this was funny.

Open area in the new building







5 comments:
Wow - that looks SO different. Apparently, it's been yeeeeeears since I've been on campus!
Fun pics!
I haven't been in the new building yet, but every time I am there I see something new. I wonder if any of our kiddos will attend college there??
The idea of a "nightclub" at a non-dancing school is HILARIOUS. If only it would have been there when we went to Bethel. I am sure that I would have just hung out on campus every weekend, haha.
Bethel is now a dancin' school, so the club is a perfect addition.
Just no alcohol or smoking in the "club"
I love the fact the Lach knocked on the door of his old place! That was very nice of the guy and gal to let you ALL in! :) Too funny!
Hilary, thank you for doing this fun post! It was so fun for Nate and I see the pictures. It looks so beautiful!!! That night club would have been fun back in the day...
Post a Comment