4.26.2009

Milestone Day

I have to brag about myself for just a little bit. Pardon my vanity.

Holly and I ran a 10k Saturday, and I had a personal best time for that distance. I beat my previous time by 50 seconds. It may not sound like a lot, but for a runner like me, improving by almost 1 minute is significant. I ran 6.2 miles in 56:03 minutes which is equal to a 9:02/mile! I was very excited.

When I got home from the race, I signed up for a women's triathlon in August! Crazy? Maybe, but I'm excited to give it a try. It wasn't an impulsive decision either (something I'm known to do.) I've been thinking about it for a while, but just haven't had the nerves to commit. I decided I needed to take a risk and go for it! It's a sprint distance which means a 500 yard swim, 15 mile bike, and a 5k. Each event on their own doesn't scare me too much, but the thought of combining them all one after another is a bit overwhelming, but that's what training is for.

I'm sure I have a lot to learn, but I'm excited for the challenge and this will keep motivated throughout the summer to keep exercising!



We ran with the NF group. Although, due to my poor sense of direction, we missed the picture.



Just before the start!

Do I look focused, or what?!

9 comments:

lil' mama said...

Woooooohooooo! Girl you rock! A triathlon?!?! I wish I could be there in August to cheer you on. That is awesome!

Vivi said...

Way to go Hil! You did awesome on Saturday. It was fun to eat your dust too. :) I know you'll do great at the triathalon - you're far too competitive not to!

Kate said...

Hilary you are awesome! Thanks for the push on the tri - I just signed up - thanks for the nudge!

blessedby6 said...

OMGosh. You two amaze me!!

Kari said...

Nice Job on beating your time. That is always a great feeling.
Thank you for raising awareness for NF. I always appreciate that you are always willing to support this cause! You are a great friend!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Larry! Good luck on your triathlon! I can't wait to hear about your training.

Aleesha said...

Awesome job, Hil! I am so impressed and proud of you (and I have a hard time getting up each morning to WALK on my treadmill-). YOU are inspiring...

Mrs. Cox said...

Super job, Hil! You go! Did you and your sister plan on matching? Gray t-shirt with long white shirt underneath and black yoga pants...Very cute!

Heather said...

I'm eating chips and hummus while I read this....I suck.

Way to go...or whatever....

:)

good job!!