4.15.2009

Bullies

I am so SICK of bullies and bad behavior! This has been one of my most difficult years teaching, and I've been teaching for 12 years. Almost every day, no exaggeration, my job-share partner and I are dealing with some type of bullying issue. Girls being caddy to girls. Boys pushing other boys out of the back seat of the bus. Name-calling. Excluding others at recess. Cheating. Lying. Stealing. I'm on the phone daily with parents. I email parents daily. I've driven a student home because he refused to ride the bus with a boy who had called him a name and missed his bus home. We've also had one set of parents tell us the reason for their son's poor academic performance was a refelction on us, so now we're dealing with tough parents, too! This is why I haven't had time to blog. Every night this week, I've been emailing or on the phone dealing with various issues.

Perhaps they seem trivial to you, but believe me, to the parents of the kids who are being picked on, these are not trivial matters, and they want action and they want it NOW!


I AM READY FOR THIS YEAR TO BE DONE!

I AM SO THANKFUL I ONLY HAVE TO BE WITH THIS CLASS 1/2 THE DAY!

I feel HORRIBLE for the good kids in our room. It's not fair that they have to put up with this.


And now, my son is a bully too!