8.13.2008

Having Fun!

Our boys have never been on an open-air chair lift. There were some nerves to work through for Ben as he approached the alpine slide, but it didn't take long for him to decide that this was a lot of fun! It took quite a bit more convincing, and working through a few tears, to get Matt to give it a try, but after we made our way down, he proudly said, "This slide rocks!"

Ben and Jake




Matt and Mom


7 comments:

blessedby6 said...

Your trip looks like it was amazing. I just cannot believe all of the experiences your boys have had this summer. Can you and B be my parents?

Heather said...

um yeah-the open air chairlift made me completely immobile. I rode with L, and I was totally squeezing her shoulder and she yelped and told me to let go. With my other hand, I was grabbing the vertical pole and got a hand cramp. I hated every single second of that dumb ride.

a skiier I am not. I should move away from here.

Heather said...

did we mention it dangles us 3 stories above the ground and the only thing "holding you in" is a skinny little broom-handle of a bar? I also loved that all of us, including the kids, were wearing crocs or flips, so suddenly we're very aware that our feet can't wiggle at all either...

I mean, I don't typically let my kids play on my roof on a lawn chair with flips, but I paid $45 for us all to do it that day for the memories. Stupid.

Dawson's Brain said...

Watching Heather ride up the lift was one of the highlights of the whole trip for me. I thought she was going to dent the metal bar holding the chair because of how tight she held onto it. Poor Leah. She just wanted to enjoy the ride, not get some demon-Vulcan nerve pinch the whole ride up!

Sally said...

Gosh I thought Matt was the one who was stressed about this, not Chaos Mommy

Matt look like he's having a wonderful time

Gma Marilyn said...

HOORAY for everyone!!

Gma Marilyn said...

HOORAY for everyone!!