8.30.2008

Labor Day

The first week of school for the boys and workshops for us went very well. Both boys have been excited to go to school everyday. Matt already seems like he has matured a little bit. I had asked Ben to walk Matt to his room each morning, and after the 2nd day Matt said, "Mom, Ben can just run on ahead because I know what I'm doing." My little boys are growing up!

On to Labor Day...not sure how the holiday ever came to be, but I thought about all the different jobs I've had in my life. I'm sure this makes for interesting reading for everyone!

babysitter
DQ
grocery store cashier
personal care attendant for child with severe disabilities
book store cashier
bank teller
cashier in Nordstrom's shoe department
ran the Corkscrew at Valleyfair
danceline community ed coach and high school asst. coach
substitute teacher grades K-8
classroom teacher grades 1,3,5,6

Enjoy your Labor Day!

3 comments:

blessedby6 said...

I don't know if I could even remember all of the paying jobs that I have had. Wonder how long your list for your jobs at home would be??? :) Glad to hear the transition back to work/school went well!!

Heather said...

the corkscrew comment made me laugh out loud

Anonymous said...

I remember working next door at the DRY CLEANERS and I'd go into the grocery store to get a snack. There was Hil, waiting to check me out! :)

Do you remember when Terry Brown came in to see me at the drycleaners and PEED in the plant that was sitting there. I absolutely freaked out! Needless to say, it died. oh, the memories...