8.25.2008

1st Day of School

The first day of school arrived today for Ben~2nd gr. and Matt~K!! Overall, the boys had fantastic first days! There were a few MINOR glitches, but we made it. Ben couldn't sleep last night. He came into our room a couple of times crying because he hadn't fallen alseep yet. I sat with him and told him that I used to be the same way, but that his body will be full of adrenaline and excitement on the first day.

Matt woke up excited and happy. I thought to myself, this is the kid who had numerous ear infections, didn't walk until he was 18 months, had tough transitions at daycare, and likes to have all his ducks in a row! I was unsure how the school transition would go for him. Just before we headed to the car, Matt asked what he would do with the folder in his backpack, and he burst into tears! I think the emotions of the day overwhelmed him and it was a chance to let it out. I assured him that his teacher would help him with everything he needed to know. When I picked Matt up from school today, he was all smiles and said he was excited to go back for his 2nd day! Hopefully this trend will continue for the next 13 years!






**Now that we are all back to school, my time to blog and comment on blogs will need to be limited. I'll try to write new posts once a week or so. I'll miss it, but I need to devote my time to other things besides blogging. : )

5 comments:

lil' mama said...

Thought about the boys all day today! Glad it went well. How are you doing ???

Sally said...

This is the little guy that would get teary as I dropped him off at Kari's.

Way to go Matt!!

The boys looks so cute!! ...and is that a wedding ring I see on dad's finger, did the Yampa reimburse him?

Kathy said...

Two handsome little guys off to school!
Hope the school year goes great for all four of you. I'll miss you blogs, too!

Vivi said...

They look so cute and Matt couldn't look more excited and ready! Ben kind of looks like an old pro. Glad to hear the first day went well - off to a great start!

Heather said...

very cute! What is it about backpacks that make kids look old??