We've known for a while that Matt has allergies. He is very susceptible to seasonal allergies, but lately things have been worse. He had another episode of angioedema, and this time in addition to the swelling, he suffered horrible hives that laster for a few days.
I finally scheduled a visit to the allergist for the full scratch test. Neither Matt nor I was looking forward to it, but we both knew it needed to be done. He was a trooper during the pokes. The hardest part was waiting the 20 min while the allergens took effect and he couldn't touch them or scratch them.
As you can see in the picture, he definitely has allergies. Just about every known possible environmental allergen he is allergic to. Trees, grass, weeds, pollen, mold, cats, dogs, dust, mites, and there are probably more I'm forgetting.
He will be starting weekly allergy shots next week. That will continue for 6 months, and then he'll move to monthly shots for 3-5 years. The dr. said we should expect to see huge improvements in the spring and fall!

3 comments:
Oh Mattie!! I am glad there is a solution in sight!
shoot! poor buddy. I've had allergy testing and it's no fun. glad you've got more information and a plan to work with. Merry Christmas!
Shana
Oh, poor Matt...hopefully, though, it will bring relief.
Post a Comment