7.27.2011

Temperance River

Temperance River State Park is located just a short drive from where we were staying. Everyone was eager to get a good view of Lake Superior, so we headed here one evening. The rocks were great for skipping and climbing, and the water temperature was tolerable for Lake Superior standards. The kids found a little rock island 100 yards or so out from the shore and before you know it, they were all swimming out. Brian was the lucky adult who got to monitor the swimmers, and sometimes be the ferry back and forth to dry land.


So happy!


Luke loved the rocks and putting his toes in the water.


Papa with all the little monkeys in the background.

The rocks aren't as threatening as they look.

Shuttling Adam to the island.

My view from the shore.


4 comments:

lil' mama said...

I'm loving these posts! Fav pic is you with luke. ADORABLE!

Kate said...

I love the pictures of Luke, especially! I'm such a cold water whimp these pictures made me shiver!

Vivi said...

Fun pictures. I love the one of dad and the "monkeys"...they really do look like monkeys! Luke looks so big and stinkin' cute in these pics!

blessedby6 said...

Looks wonderful. Our favorite trips always include some rock throwing into Lake Superior. Enjoy making your summer memories! You always make lots of 'em.