7.10.2011

37th Birthday

I've always liked having a summer birthday. I never have to work on my birthday. It's often a sunny, blue-sky kind of day, I like to be in or near the water, and I can eat as much ice cream as I want!

This year our family, along with Holly and her kids, went to a great park that is set up perfectly for kids of all ages to enjoy running and playing in shallow water. All 4 of the boys had fun...that is hard to accommodate when you've got a ten-year age gap.


Luke's first time in water other than a bath. He loved it!



I love these boys!



Gettin' crazy with the cousins!


My Aunt Kim and Uncle Scott from San Diego have been vacationing in MN for the last week. My cousin Adam, who met and married his new wife in Bangladesh, are in the States for a while and came with Scott and Kim. Everyone, including my parents and Holly's family, came over later in the evening on my birthday and we ate, peppered Adam and Eite with questions about Bangladesh, played Just Dance on the Wii, and had a good time.


Adam and Eite brought traditional Bengali clothes to show us.

Mr. Cool himself
The happy newlyweds
Aunt Kim is always happy to help with a baby

3 comments:

shana said...

Happy Birthday to you! (We're super close. I'll be 37 on the 18th)
Enjoy your birthday week!
Blessings,
Shana

lil' mama said...

I hope you frame the pic of boys in the pool! It's a great one. Your b'day sounded fun, complete with traditional bengali clothes :) Love that pic of your parents with S,K,A and E.

Kate said...

That picture of Luke is about the cutest thing I've seen! Looks like you had a wonderful day!