When I was a kid, my family spent several summers up north in Grand Marais and along Lake Superior. My sister has always wanted to take her kids there, and we were finally able to make it happen during their extended MN visit.
We rented a home at Caribou Highlands Resort and stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. Brian's brother, Robert, was also in town and was able to join us, and my parents for our North Shore vacation.
We caravanned up in 4 cars, dividing siblings up which made for a very peaceful road-trip. I was lucky to have Torrey, Leah and Matt in my car. We enjoyed playing car games, telling stories and eating snacks. On our 5-hour drive up north, we had a long stop in Duluth. We went to Canal Park, walked on the pier to the lighthouse, and spent time throwing rocks and standing in the lake.
No matter how many times I'm there, I always love it!
Really, the lake exists. It was a very foggy day.
1 comment:
Can't wait to do this trip with our boys :)
Post a Comment