6.22.2010

Compliment or Creepy?

I had Matt at the eye dr. this morning for a routine exam. While we were waiting to be called, a man who I'm guessing was in his 70s walked over to us and said, "Excuse me, I'm doing a personal survey and I have a question for you. Were your parents famous before they had the cutest little grandson in the whole world?"

It took me a second to process through what he was saying, but I just laughed and said, "Nope, they're not famous, but I'll be sure to pass the word on to them!"

Kind of cute, but kind of creepy all at the same time.

4 comments:

Vivi said...

That's a weird way to say it...but coming from a 70 year old man...endearing. And he's right, Matt IS cute. :)

Mrs. Cox said...

I never "get" comments like that. I usually look at the person like a complete ding dong. At least you had a good come back line. And, for the record, Matt is darn cute.

Kate said...

Mattie is completely adorable, the comment, a little creepy.

Anonymous said...

matt is SUPER cute, hilary!! i love you little MATT!! :) :) :) aleesha (i forgot my username and password!)