I've had kids in school for 4 years now, and last week was the first time I've chaperoned a field trip. I've done some volunteering and have helped with classroom parties, Brian has chaperoned trips, but it just hadn't worked out for me until now.
I went with Ben's class on a Mississippi riverboat cruise on the "Betsy Northrup". We had a picture perfect day, and in addition to Ben, I had two other well-behaved 3rd grade boys. It was relaxing and easy, especially since on a boat, there's really no chance of losing any of your group!
Another bonus was that the trip was over and we were back to school by 1:00. The teachers didn't want the kids to go home early, so I had the rest of the afternoon to myself. I went for a 4 mile run and then went to the club to sit by the pool and correct papers.
If this is what chaperoning is all about, sign me up again, please!
This was about the rowdiest they ever got!
3 comments:
Fun day! But the 4 mile run part baffles me. I would have opted for an unscheduled pregnancy nap!!
Looks like a fun trip. And I agree with Lisa...the pregnancy nap sounds a little more relaxing than the 4 mile run! Good for you.
Nice to have a fun break to do your own thing
Post a Comment