5.31.2010

Memorial Weekend

We had a wonderful 3-day weekend! My SIL and her two girls were here for a couple of days and we had a great time celebrating her oldest daughter's 7th birthday, swimming at the pool, watching the cousins play, and she and I even got two 3 mile runs in.

I have LOADS of school work to get done. Papers to correct, memory books to create, report cards to complete, pack the classroom since I'm moving to a new building, and here it is, almost 10:00 on Monday night and I haven't touched my bag. Instead, I decided to start painting a bedroom and bathroom downstairs. When the baby arrives in October, we'll need some bedroom space on the main floor, so Ben is planning to head downstairs to his very own room! If we don't start working on it now, it will never get done, so between yesterday and today, I was able to crank out both rooms! Once everything is in place and put back together, I'll take some pics to post.

Now, off to grade some papers!

6 comments:

lil' mama said...

You are freakin' rock star! Painting and running AND have you forgot you're pregnant? :) Glad you are feeling well enough to do those things!

Gma Marilyn said...

Hilary, you are amazing!! I have heard that being pregnant has an "energizing effect", also, not to say the least that the Minnesota Twins being in first place in their division must be the main reason :)

Vivi said...

I think you've mastered the art of procrastinating school work. Welcome to my world.

Glad you got lots done - it looks great already, but I'll be excited to see the finished product!

Mrs. Cox said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the new room! School work will get done...glad you found time to do some fun things too! :)

Kate said...

We enjoyed our time with your family very much - thank you for hosting us! (Sorry we kept you from your school work!)

Unknown said...

The oldest brother always gets his own room - so unfair:)