1.01.2009

A New Year

Welcome to 2009!

It always takes me a while to get used to saying and writing a new year, and this year is no different! With the new year comes new changes and challenges, resolutions and reservations, and new learnings and losses.

Changes:
*Boys' school will be starting at a new time...30 minutes later!
*Brian's coaching job is questionable for next fall
*Possibly replace our 1996 Civic? (Traci, the car has been great!)

Challenges:
*We feel the economic pinch as most people do
*Health challenges for various extended family members
*Keeping 3 boys happy, busy and productive is ALWAYS a challenge!

Resolutions:
*Both Brian and I want to continue running
*Brian would like to lose 20 pounds
*I would like to lose 10 pounds
*I would like to go to bed earlier and get up earlier to exercise

Reservations:(as in trip reservations!)
*Possible trip to Chicago/Indianpolis
*Possible North Shore trip
*Possible "camping" trip to visit friends in Wisconsin

Learnings:
*Ben 3rd grade next fall
*Matt 1st grade next fall
*Matt learning the game of baseball this summer
*Adam age 2 1/2...always learning!

Losses:
*Hopefully we'll only have good kinds of losses! Like some weight!

6 comments:

Vivi said...

You've got some good things on your lists - makes me think I should try to make some too.

Love your new blog look!

lil' mama said...

You and Vivs blogs look great!

Mrs. Cox said...

Wonderful, reflective post, Hilary. I am glad the Civic has worked out well for you guys. I don't think you need to lose another pound! Either does Brian (you be sure to tell him that). I don't want you two getting too skinny.

Mrs. Cox said...

Hil, why is their school starting later half way through the year?

Hilary said...

Traci, it's not. Next fall it moves from 8:30 start time to 9:00.

Mrs. Cox said...

okay. Gotcha.