
One of my favorite pictures of us
For her birthday, Holly wanted to take Christmas and birthday money and shop...for the day...without kids! Can you even begin to imagine? I was the lucky one who got invited along and was more than happy to join in on the fun.
This past Saturday, our morning started with a 9:00 am breakfast at Perkins with our parents. It's been a LONG time since we've been able to just sit and have a 100% adult conversation without kid interruptions. Funny how even with adults, our conversation turned to farts. Did I really just admit that?
Moving along. We left for shopping after breakfast and headed up north to an outlet mall. We managed to put a good 8 hours in there, staying until closing and finding some GREAT deals! (More on those in a bit.)
Holly was so prepared for this day that she packed snacks, drinks, a list of store hours...you name it! We didn't have to stop for lunch thanks to the snacks, but by 8:00 pm we were getting hungry and grabbed burgers on the run. We couldn't waste any precious time getting back to our stomping grounds... Target and Walmart! We mangaged to get a good hour in at Target before they closed, and then headed to Walmart. We lasted another hour or so there, but didn't have it in us to stay until closing. Afterall, they are open 24 hours! We finally pulled into my driveway at 11:30!! We were gone from 8:30 am - 11:30 pm...shopping and kidless! AMAZING!

A sampling of my goods
Some of our deals: $6 shirts at Banana Republic, $11 khakis, $40 Sorel boots
Deal of the Day: A 3 foot Christmas tree, all pre-lit and decorated w/ original price of $79.99. Drum roll please...$7.99!!!!! I was pumped!

I just liked how this picture came out

My good deal!
We're already making our plans for next January!

Happy Birthday, Holly!
5 comments:
Thanks Hil! Saturday rocked - plan it again for next year. Thanks to Bri and Jas too, for being willing to take the kids all day so we could be away.
Nice work Hil! Both of your posts make me want to go to the outlets today but it's snowing and I have C. So another day soon! Chaos mom, want to join me???
I can't believe you guys were out so long? Now you both need to post what J and B did with the yahoos all day long. And I love the fact you talked about farts with your parents at breakfast :)
Wow! I hope you took the next day to rest those feet! Did you go to Albertville? I love that mall!
Amazing! It is so fun to hear about you gals. I never had a sister but my own girls will have these neat, fun experiences together. I have heard...there's nothing like a sister!
what a fun day! i always wanted a sister. it's great that you two live so close too! have a great week!
shana
Post a Comment