1.28.2009

In A Funk

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. If you don't want to listen to complaining, you'll want to click away now.

I really don't like it when I get in this mood. In a funk is the best way to describe it. Nothing really in particular is bugging me, but it's a combination of everything that's bugging me. That hardly makes any sense, which just adds to my funk!

*It's been really cold for a long time and I'm tired of it.
*My 5th graders at school are on my nerves. They're getting some attitude, wanting to be entertained...being 11 year-olds. Those of you who knew me during my student teaching days, just think "Japan unit" and you'll know how I'm feeling. A week of indoor recess for them doesn't help matters.
*Our dryer isn't working. Spent $230 to have it fixed, and it's still not working.
*Adam is the only kid who has been sleeping well lately. Stomach aches, nightmares, blankets not on just right...I've been getting up lots lately which make me even more tired than usual.
*For whatever reason, I cannot seem to get into an exercise routine, and that is stressing me out! I only work PT for crying out loud! This shouldn't be that hard!
*I don't watch much TV, but the glimpses of the news I see or hear really don't make me feel too good. The economy, job losses, etc... add to my funk.
*I read online that this is typically the most depressing week of the year.

Maybe that it explains it all!

Thanks for letting me vent.

7 comments:

ginnymae said...

I was just telling someone on Tuesday that I was in a funk. I told him it felt like an old piece of gum that lost its flavor and needed to be spit out. Not that I would want anyone to feel this way but it is nice to know we are not alone! I hope yours goes away soon!

Heather said...

turn "funk" into "funk-y" :0 Go buy yourself a fun hat from Kohl's (total clearance right now!), a $5 thin scarf from Walmart, and make something for dinner that you haven't tried before...grape jelly meatballs.

Mrs. Cox said...

Hil, Sorry you are feeling in a funk. I am convinced the weather (freezing) has a lot to do with it. I remember your Japan Unit...smile... Don't get down on yourself about school. You are a great teacher and those little people don't need to be entertained every second of every day.

My MD told me not to watch the news (AT ALL). I think the media makes a mountain out of a mole hill, and when I don't watch the news, I am happier(and oblivious).

Love ya, friend. Hang in there.

shana said...

so, that's totally my life . . . except, you know, the part about the 5th graders. hopefully after this "funk-y" week things will perk up!
hang in there!

Vivi said...

We all certainly get into funks sometimes, so hang in there! One of the last times you mentioned you were crabby/in a funk, you went for a run and said it was totally what you needed. Just a thought? Can you think of anything specific, that YOU can actually do/control, that would help a little bit?

lil' mama said...

Sorry you're in a funk. This week is almost over. Hope you can go for a run soon.

blessedby6 said...

Feeling the same way here. Not depressed, crabby, miserable, pms-ish or anything. Just blah. Blahblahblah. In my state of blahness I will pray for your funkiness. I have been needing to call you. School questions. TTYL.