7.06.2008

Happy 34th

Yes, I know it's a bit vain to say happy birthday to myself, but this is our family journal and now I'll be able to look back years from now and see how I celebrated my 34th birthday!

July 4th:
*Celebrated my bday, dad's bday, & 4th of July at our house

July 6th:
*Worked as the helper in children's church
*Went to mall with the whole crew to get VBS clothing supplies
*Ate lunch at mall food court (remember my cooking post?)
*Floated in pool with my sister
*Supervised neighbor kids and our boys swimming and jumping on tramp
*Dinner with new neighbors next door (yes, they cooked)...we brought the cake
*Hosted 1st grade sleepover

If you would have told me when I was 17 that this was how I'd be celebrating my bday 17 years in the future, I would have rolled my eyes in disgust! Now I know that priorities and perspectives definitely change as you get older and once you have children of your own. It was a great day and I enjoyed every part of it!



10 comments:

Sally said...

....and a fine eye roller you were too!

But you have aged nicely and have a fantastic family to share your life with.

Happy Birthday!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Hilary! Sometimes even the simple days make great B-days!

lil' mama said...

You look great! And so right about priorities and perspectives changing with children! Happy B'day! See you in less then a month!

Vivi said...

Happy Bday again, Hil! You have a great attitude about going with whatever your day brings - even on your birthday! Glad it was a good and hot summery day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hilary. I agree. What is important to us has totally changed...and for the better! What will your bday be like 17 years from now??

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! You look fantastic!

ginnymae said...

Happy Birthday Larry! I didn't remember your birthday was over the 4th. It sounds like you had a great celebration.

Traci said...

Happy Birthday, Hil. (late) I always remember that you and my bro share the same date! love your blog...
Traci

Kari said...

You are slowing down on your blogging. Usually you have something new posted each day don't you? : )

Heather said...

love the cammo pants! Nicely done :) happy bday-hope you got the card on time this year. 3 of us just walked in from camp and now I run to the store to get 2 more ready to leave tomorrow...