Saturday morning Brian, Ben and Matt headed 1 1/2 hours away for a basketball tournament. Ben's team lost both games pretty badly, but it sounded like the eating out with buddies from the team, swimming in the pool and some hotel tag took their minds off the losses.
While they were away at the hotel, I was home with Luke and Adam, and Uncle Robert who was staying the night before flying home to KY early Sunday morning. We enjoyed a mellow night at home with a movie and some good ol' playing time with the boys.
Sunday was a different story with a win by the 5th grade team! Ben was thrilled to have scored a season high for himself ~ 12 points! I wish I could have been there to see it.
The basketball crew got home just in time to clean up, change, and head to the high school for a huge band concert. The school district combines all the 5th grades from the 5 elementary schools, two 8th grade bands, and one high school ensemble. Each group got to play a couple of songs on their own, and they finished the show with a 450-member band playing the high school fight song. It was fun to see the progression of the musicians as they get older and more advanced with their playing. Nana offered to stay home with Luke while he napped, and the rest of us and Papa enjoyed the concert.
Ben LOVES band and we're thrilled. Hopefully he'll continue with it for many years to come. Matt's already talking about wanting to play the trombone, too!
We're heading into another busy week. Conferences for both Brian and me, more basketball practice, a couple of dr.s appts and the last basketball tournament of the season next weekend.
Whew.
4 comments:
Whew! I am exhausted for you!
Dude, that's a lot going on. Sounds fun though!
One of the great weekends to come in the household with 4 boys!!! ENJOY each one as they go by quickly!! Love to all!! I am glad everyone "survived". Love, Gma
Just wait until they are teenagers! Carlie gets her driver's permit this year and I am already thinking of getting a mini van so that she can help drive people to activities!
Post a Comment