8.27.2011

Triathlon

My third ever triathlon was by far my favorite!! It was a fantastic day and while I was completely out of gas by the time I crossed the finish line, when I saw my time, I was hopeful that I had made some improvements. It turns out that I had personal bests in all three legs of the race.

It's hard to compare the YWCA tri of 2009 with this year's race because they were held at different venues. The 2009 course was extremely hilly and the bike portion that year was 1/2 mile shorter. But, for statistics sake, here is a comparison of my two YWCA races:

500 yard swim
2009: 12:46
2011: 10:26



Transition 1
2009: 3:05
2011: 1:37




15 mile bike 2009: 52:00 (17.2 avg on hilly course)
15.5 mile bike 2011: 48:22 (19.2 avg)


Transition 2:
2009: 1:47
2011: 0:41


5K
2009: 30:50 (9:55 pace)
2011: 26:09 (8:25 pace)


Total Time:
2009: 1:40:48
2011: 1:27:12

Division Place
2009: 19 out of 90
2011: 14 out of 191

Overall Place
2009: 68 out of 464
2011: 75 out of 971

In addition to the pictures that Holly took, the professional got some good shots, particularly of the swim and the bike. I'm considering ordering the digital file for nostalgia's sake.

It was so fun to race another tri with my SIL, my friend and neighbor Mali, and some friends who are on the NF Endurance team!! I may keep coming back for more!


My loyal cheering section!

3 comments:

Kate said...

You had an incredible performance! Great job!

Heather said...

wow-way to go Hil!

Vivi said...

It was so fun to watch! I was a nervous wreck though! You did awesome. Who knows...maybe next year team MAMBA (better change that to MAMBAL) will go for a comeback.