2.25.2011

I Could Get Used to This!

Shortly after Luke was born, my SIL and BIL gave us a day of housecleaning services as a baby gift. I had several options of when I could use it. Before or after Christmas when all of my family was in town? Before I went back to school? After going back to school?

I decided to wait until after heading back to school, and today was the GLORIOUS DAY! I left for school with a relatively clutter-free house, but boy was it dirty! I really didn't know what to expect since we've never had an outside person come in to clean, but I figured anything was going to be better than what it was, and even better...I didn't have to do it!

My expectations were completely exceeded! The basics of all of the floors, bathrooms and dusting were done very thoroughly. I also noticed windows were Windexed, the microwave was cleaned, a downstairs bookshelf that I probably haven't dusted since we moved in 8 years ago was dusted, lamp shades were dusted, kitchen chairs wiped down, the house smelled fresh...

What a great way to start the weekend! I only wish it could stay like this forever and I wish I could hire them to come back every week!

Thank you so much, Kate & John!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh I am so glad they did a good job for you! Enjoy your clean house!

Aleesha said...

Just don't turn your back on those boys, because if you do, you'll turn around and it will look like a bomb went off (if your kids are like mine)! It is soooo relaxing and refreshing walking into a clean home, isn't it!? What an amazing gift!! Enjoy! :)