First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers, emails, texts, phone calls, and even an encouraging card to help me through this time!! They are so appreciated and are really helping me keep things in perspective.
Day 2 went well, despite the fact that Luke didn't sleep or eat much at daycare. That I understand. Sometimes he doesn't eat or sleep well here. I know he's in good hands.
What my routine is looking like so far:
*Feed Luke sometime in the night, usually around 3:30
*7:00 shower
*Finish packing lunches, eat bfast, get boys up and start their bfast by 8:00
*8:00 wake Luke and feed him
*Finish helping boys get ready to be out the door by 8:40 for school.
*Sometimes drive carpool, sometimes not
*Tues/Thurs bring Adam to preschool at 9:00
*Luke down for nap 9:30-10:45 (on a good day!)
*Clean, cook, school work, get bottle/pump stuff ready, get ready for school while Luke naps
*Wake Luke at 11:00 to feed and change
*11:45 start loading up for daycare
*11:50 drop off (she lives just up the block!)
*noon leave daycare and drive to school
*12:10 arrive to school
*4:00 walk kids out to bus and head in to pump & pick up classroom
*4:30 head home
*4:40 transition to home stuff (Brian home by 4:30 with Adam & Luke)
*5:00 homework w/ Ben & Matt
*5:30 supper
*6:00-8:30 family time, baths, Ben at bball with Brian, feed Luke, dishes, etc...
*8:30 tuck Adam & Matt in
*9:00 tuck Ben in
*9:30 feed Luke (hopefully he settles in for the night, but not always)
*until 11:00 - finish picking up, make sure backpacks are set, school work, etc..
*11:00 LIGHTS OUT!!
I have more thoughts in my head right now, but the biggest idea jumping out at me is, yes, things are busy, but I am SO FORTUNATE with so many things on this list!! I am really working hard, hard, hard, to focus on the positive!
On a different note...Brian dropped the police lego city down the stairs tonight and about 1/2 of it broke apart. I didn't even get angry...now that's progress!
4 comments:
I don't know why you think you're so busy. :)
Like your new look here, and I think just typing out your schedule is a great start - obviously you ARE pretty organized!
As his older brother and a person who knows how therapeutic it is to just "hit something", you have my permission to hit Brian any time you need too.
How did I do it with 4 boys?? This is certainly bringing back many memories!! I recall that the strength and POM (peace of mind) had to come from Someone bigger than myself and for that I am so thankful!! That is my prayer for you! Love, Marilyn
Only a truly organized AND energized person can keep up with that schedule! You have a lot of love and care for your family and work, which shines through what you write.
Sit back, take a deep breath, and take in the fact all that you accomplish. Then go for a run or something, you sit around too much :)
Post a Comment