1.16.2011

Sunday Night Stress

I'm the queen of Sunday night stress, and I'm not even working right now. When I'm working the stress kicks in at an even higher level. I wish I could have more control over the feelings of stress & anxiety than I do. It's very frustrating.

What's stressing me out tonight:
*Luke isn't sleeping well. He's had a handful of 8+hour nights, but usually it's more like 4 hours. The last several nights have been 3 hour stretches.

*Luke isn't taking a bottle well. We're working on a bottle a day to get him used to it before I go back to school Feb. 7th. It has taken as long as an hour to get 3 oz in him. I'm guessing this is a huge part of why he's not sleeping longer, but I don't feel like I have a choice. He has to learn to take a bottle.

*$$
Brian and I don't fight about $ ever which I'm so thankful for. He's very calm and relaxed about it. He's a little bit more of a spender than I am, but he's always saying we'll be just fine. For 12 years he's been right, but I still get stressed. When I go back to work we'll be adding a significant chunk to our daycare expenses, the boys' activities are getting more expensive, food is going up, etc...

*TV
I think our kids watch too much TV, but honestly, I don't always know what to do about it. With 4 kids and a 10 year span, their interest levels are all over the place. This can make playing a family game or other activities tough, if not impossible to do together. Sometimes they play together well, but a lot of times they fight. Sometimes TV becomes way too convenient. When the weekends come or the boys have a day off of school, I often feel like I don't have good suggestions for them while I'm with Luke. I stress that I don't do a better job in this area.


5 comments:

Gma Marilyn said...

Dear Mom of 4 boys!! I hear you VERY well! Just want to let you know I love you and think about you every day. From mother of 4 boys. Love, Marilyn

Sally said...

Continue

Continue in the things that concern Him;
He will continue to take care of the things that concern you.

Continue to give Him all that is yours;
He will continue to give you all that is His.

Continue to wait upon Him;
He will continue to be faithful to you.

Continue to seek His highest;
He will continue to give you His best.

Kate said...

The Sundays get to me too.

Amelia was always a terrible sleeper (frankly still is) and I think all that interrupted sleep makes all the other worries amplify.

$$ - always a worry, I think they always will be.

TV - maybe your kids are watching too much TV right now. Maybe they're not. It is the depth of winter and you have a new baby. Be kind to yourself. When the weather improves and Luke is older you will have whole days where the TV gathers dust.

For what it's worth I think you and Brian are awesome parents.

Vivi said...

Ditto what they said. Money is a stress for most of us...always will be for most of us.

Your the mom who lets kids "draw" on her leg with ice cubes, do science projects that stink/take up a crazy amount of space/are very messy, lets kids sit on the table pantsless (ok, maybe that one isn't directly related to good parenting)...like Kate said, a little too much tv in the dead of winter with a new baby...cut yourself some slack and enjoy the snuggling time.

lil' mama said...

I wish I had words of wisdom or something new to add. But know that I'm thinking of you and this new transition. Hugs! You are a rock star mom!