1.19.2011

First Giggles!

What a difference a day can make! Last evening was one of our toughest with Luke. We were giving him his required once a day bottle and it was torture on all of us. He was crying hard, Brian and I were taking turns trying to help him, I even ran to Target to get a different kind of bottle that people online swear by. None of it worked. Eventually we got about 3 oz in him with the original bottle and he was conked out! He slept about 6 1/2 hours which felt heavenly.

He's been in a really good mood today, so I decided I'd try to get the bottle in him before the craziness of the evening hits. He woke up from his nap and 15 minutes later he had downed a 5 oz bottle! Praise the Lord!!

He was very smiley after that and we've known that he's been on the brink of giggling for a few days, so I grabbed the camera and captured his first giggles!

You'll have to endure the fake sneezing from me, but it's very much worth it to hear his little laugh.

6 comments:

lil' mama said...

I was smiling with a big grin while watching that video! Too cute! Yay, Luke-y! And yay, for taking a big bottle:)

Sally said...

Funny how at first he startles and then giggles

Vivi said...

Phew on the bottle!

Super cute giggles - can't wait to hear them in person. I think he sounds like Adam...especially in his first giggle on the video!

blessedby6 said...

So adorable. Melted my heart and made me smile. He must have been exhausted after all of that laughing!

So glad for the bottle update. I never had to deal with bottles and I can't imagine how hard the transition can be if it doesn't go smoothly.

shana said...

isn't that the best? i love it!
shana

Heather said...

nicely done! Glad you have something so special on tape for #4! They always get the shaft :(