1.28.2011

Prayer Requests

One week from Monday I head back to work. On paper, it looks relatively easy. Go to school from noon-4:00. Not bad. However, the reality is I feel very overwhelmed at what all this means for our family.

I've been feeling very anxious about everything lately and decided to share them as prayer requests rather than letting them eat at me for my last week of maternity leave.

*Luke will transition to daycare easily: good naps, take a bottle well, stay healthy
*Luke will have more and more nights of good sleep (last night was 10 1/2 hours!!)
*I will use my time wisely and prioritize what needs to be done. (Housework, cooking, errands, my own homework, boys' homework, family time, exercise, devotions, and I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting right now)
*School will go well. After 14 years of teaching I'm still very critical of myself as a teacher.
*Evenings will be as calm as possible. This tends to be the hardest time of day for all of us. Tired, lots to do, limited time, etc...
*My milk supply will remain enough to continue breastfeeding. Being stressed and busy isn't the best combo for a breastfeeding mom.
*Patience & energy
*Trust that God will give me what I need for each day. I tend to project myself into the future and stress about all the what-ifs. Some of my favorite quotes from Jesus Calling are:

"Do not worry about tomorrow. My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is only for one day at a time. When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load which I never intended you to carry."

"You will realize that most of the things that worry you are not important."

"Refuse to waste energy by worrying, and you will have strength to spare."

I'm feeling a little better already!

4 comments:

blessedby6 said...

Covering you and your family in prayer already! You have the best plan in place already...put the Lord first and let everything else fall in line after that. You amaze me with your life. Wife, mom, sister, friend, teacher, athlete... The transition will be over with before you know it and it will just be life as usual! And remember, you made it through the other three times when maternity leave ended :)

Gma Marilyn said...

"Blessedby6" said it all. Add me to one who is has you and your family at the TOP of my prayers
Love, Gma

Vivi said...

Ditto, ditto. You've done this all before and you're wiser for it. Having said that, transitions are hard, so go easy on yourself and your boys while you adjust. Also remember Auntie Vivs is here to help. Will pray.

Aleesha said...

sounds like you're quoting phil 4:6-8, which is one of my favorite bible verses... it's a good one. you're in my prayers, hil. :) you'll do ok...