We had a wonderful Christmas! All of my siblings and their families were in town, making a grand total of 23 of us! 13 kids and 10 adults! Fun and crazy, but mostly fun! I'll be posting about what we did and include lots of pictures, but for now, check out my sister's blog or my SIL's blog.
In the meantime, I'm working on getting the house de-Christmased and cleaned, helping the boys get back to their school routine, enjoying my last 5 weeks at home with Luke and Adam, and slowly getting into a daily exercise routine.
We had a slight unexpected interruption to our day yesterday when I realized Luke had a little hair wrapped tightly around one of his little toes. I was changing his diaper, pulled at a little piece of fuzz that was in his toe, and he started crying a sharp, painful cry. When I looked closely, I saw it was pretty deep and looked like it was cutting into his skin, so I ended up taking him to the dr. He was able to cut a little hair out, but wasn't sure if he had gotten it all or not. He sent us home, but then called me today and told me he had consulted with a pediatric surgeon. I have the number to call if I feel the need, bur for now I really think everything will be fine because there isn't any discoloration, but who would have thought he'd have a hair tourniquet?! One benefit of going to the dr...we now know our happy 11 week old baby weighs a whopping 15 lbs 7 oz! WOW!
This picture of Luke's toe isn't as bad as the link picture. His affected toe is the toe just after the big toe.

I'm dragging a little bit in getting back into the blogging mode. Just busy with getting back to normal around here I guess.
4 comments:
Eek that link looks painful. Luke's toe seems like it is healing. Glad you figured it out so quickly
Oh I just LOVE how even babies feet are fat!!! Hope it's obvious today that it's healing just fine and he doesn't have a ponytail on his toe.
whoa glad his toe is okay, yikes!
poor Lukey!
Post a Comment