**I wrote this a few days ago. I've been feeling more upbeat lately, but I'm posting this so I can remember what thoughts I was having.**
*Got teary clearing out maternity clothes. Sad it's over. Realized I never wore a cute shirt I bought...got even more teary.
*Frustrated that at only 2 weeks postpartum I'm not fitting into my smallest jeans (Stupid, I know!)
*Wondering how on earth I'll ever work with 4 kids; as if no one in the world has ever figured it out before!
*Feeling like the older 3 will never have quality time with us and we're doing them a disservice.
*Super stressed about $$. That's nothing new...I'm always that way.
*Wondering how I'll ever have an exercise routine again, and then feeling selfish and guilty for wanting to have an exercise routine again. (I did cover 2 miles on the treadmill today, and then felt bad that Ben was holding Luke for that time. Neither of them seemed to mind. The next day I ran 2.5 w/ Holly & felt good. )
*Feeling guilty that my job-share partner is now working full-time and not really loving it. She wasn't required to fill my position, but offered to, but I'm feeling bad for putting her in this predicament.
*Feeling frustrated because I know these thoughts are irrational, yet they still seem to creep into my mind and consume me!
8 comments:
H-O-R-M-O-N-E-S. Gotta love 'em.
You look fantastic. You ran 4.5 miles in one weekend 2 weeks after you had a baby. Hello.
You guys always figure the money thing out. You just do.
Ben loves to hold the baby. It's ok. You didn't ask him to babysit for the weekend.
You guys spend lots of time with the boys. Maybe less quality time per se the last couple of weeks while you adjust. While. You. Adjust.
Jody made her own choice about teaching. It's not like your maternity leave surprised either of you. You can empathize with her, but don't feel guilty about it. You didn't make her do that and I'm sure she doesn't hold you responsible.
You're doing great.
Be kind to yourself, Hilary. 2.5 weeks after I had a baby I was congratulating myself for taking a shower and you are already running?!
Plus - everything that Vivs said....
Amen to what Vivs and Kate said.
Hormones suck.
I agree. Hormones suck. Big time. And the lack of sleep. And the recovery. All of that. I CANNOT believe you are already back to running! I wasn't even able to be back to driving at 2 weeks post-partum. (A c-section thing, I am certain).
Keep feeling better and better. Menopause isn't that far away, lol.
I agree with all of the above!
'Love you and your family! Your favoite mother-in-law!
I can so relate to all of those right about now . . . except for the running thing, I've never in my life felt any kind of desire to run!
Hang in there!
Shana
well, also i don't have a job-share partner who took over for me while on maternity leave, so that one's a tad different too, but overall I totally can relate!
Hilary, you are awesome. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a fantastic mom. Enjoy your time off, and try not to feel guilty about your job share gal. It's time for you to think about yourself and your family.
Post a Comment