7.16.2010

Tournament Weekend

**Update** Friday through Saturday Ben's team went 3-0. They were pretty excited going into Sunday, but as they began playing, it was pretty clear that they were running low on gas. They lost their first two games today which eliminated them from the tournament, but they did end up with 3rd place out of a 10-team league. Having a husband coaching and a son playing makes for some pretty intense moments, but we had a great time! It was a fun weekend and we're so proud of how far Ben has come in his baseball playing!

Ben is back row, right

Ben's 3-day baseball tournament weekend is upon us, and it is going to be a HOT and STEAMY one! The other day the heat index was 109 because of the high, high humidity. I don't think it'll be quite that hot, but it's going to feel swampy. I can handle heat, but humidity can really do me in. Add to that trying to keep Matt and Adam entertained during a Friday night game and as many as 3 games each Saturday and Sunday, and it could get interesting. Ben's team has the potential to do well, so hopefully I'll get to see most of the action.

I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Vivi said...

Way to go fellas! You couldn't have had a HOTTER few days to be out on a shadeless field.

Kate said...

Heroic effort Navy Blue! Way to go!