5.03.2010

Sick

The past few days have not been good ones around here. I'm 14 weeks along and thought I was in the clear for any more morning sickness, but the baby has proved me wrong and the last several mornings have been rough. Haven't actually puked, but I've sure wanted to! To top things off, I've caught a nasty head cold. Very congested, annoying cough that's not productive, and very little voice left. That makes teaching a little tough.


**UPDATE**
The nurse practitioner at the minute clinic thinks I've got a sinus infection and bronchitis. He wasn't comfortable prescribing anything due to the pregnancy and suggested I go see my regular doctor. I'll be heading there tomorrow morning. I've already sent my sub plans in and am planning a nap for tomorrow afternoon!!
*************


Given all these circumstances, I told my students the other day that I was pregnant. I figured that would give me "permission" to take it easy if need be in the afternoon. I put the ultrasound picture on the document camera and the comments from the class were pretty funny. The girls knew right away that it was an ultrasound picture. The boys on the other hand, weren't quite sure what they were looking at. As they heard comments from the girls they started saying things like, "That's a REAL baby?" "That's in someone's stomach?" "How can they get a camera to take that picture?" Eventually one of the girls said, "Is that YOUR baby?" When I said yes, the whole class broke out in applause. Very cute! Now I get to teach Family Life in about two weeks and watch them stare at me and put all the pieces together. Lovely.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Have fun with that one. Just wait until you get to teach your own kids about "Family Life" and watch the "light bulb" turn on. You can almost see the wheels turning in their minds thinking, "Oooo three times," or in your case, four times! ;o)

Sally said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad you are seeing the doctor.

Feel better soon!!

Vivi said...

Wait...you and Brian did WHAT?!?!?

Mrs. Cox said...

Are you feeling any better?