Always a Lake-Liner!
I've been out of high school for 18 years. I guess that makes me pretty old! This past weekend, the dance team I was a member of for 4 years had their 30th reunion. Several alumni came and learned a 2 min 20 second dance and then performed it in front of a gym full of people. The current team was having their annual show that night, and the alumni group was one of several extra performances during the show. 3 of us from the classes of '92-'93 were there, and one member of the class of '86 was there, but other than that it seemed like everyone else was a 2009 grad. I'm sure the cute little thing that got to stand next to me and do kicks was horrified to be hooking up to an old lady like me. I was even dancing with two former students who are now dance team alum. Crazy.
Our routine included about 45 high kicks, 2 sets of splits, a double turn and a toe touch! I won't tell you which of these elements I opted not to do, but I didn't do all of them. I am still sore from our day of dancing, but it was worth it.
Even after 18 years it's still fun to get out on that floor and shake it!
11 comments:
I'm SO impressed . . . I would not have been doing any of that stuff. Not even when I was young!
Happy Wednesday!
Shana
You didn't even have to tell me which one you were...I could pick your kicks out anywhere. They're amazing. And that toe point...top notch. I saw a few of those kicks in college. You still got it, girl. Way to go!
Totally impressed! You rock Hil!
so cool! It's so fun to still be able to (even occasionally) do stuff that we loved when we were younger
what fun it was to dance with you again! :) Still limping around with achy muscles, but totally worth it!
The old ladies are looking pretty darn good to me!
A few sore muscles is a small price to pay to prove you still got it!
GOOD FOR YOU, HILARY!! I'm proud of you!
Wow, your kicks are so high! I thought for sure we would get to see this on video! : )
Great job! I could not even do that in high school!
GREAT JOB HILARY, MICHELLE, GINNY, and HEATHER! You guys look awesome!
Hey, who are you calling OLD?!!
Wow where has the time gone, still lookin' good ladies
Post a Comment