1.07.2010

My Favorite Part of the Day....














is going through wet, smelly snow clothes!
We have a decent sized mud-room and it still ends up all over the kitchen!

Any tips?

6 comments:

Sally said...

It looks semi-organized :)

I don't think your mudroom is big enough for all of that!!

Vivi said...

You might just want to get used to the smell and the mess. You've got a lot of years left with four fellas in the house.

blessedby6 said...

Sadly, the messes, sizes of gear, and smells are only going to grow as the kids grow!

shana said...

no suggestions, but i'm thrilled to know that -- contrary to my constant thinking -- a mudroom does not solve all of your problems! i would still love to have one though . . . i also sort through an overwhelming {at times} quantity of wet, cold, smelly outdoors clothes as well. NOT. FUN!
enjoy the weekend!
shana

Kate said...

Here's what I do - may or may not be helpful! I throw the girls snow clothes in the dryer for 20 minutes with a fabric softener sheet (dries and refreshes them) and then I pack them back into a separate bag that I frankly just leave in the living room to grab for the next day. Our tiny, tiny mud room can't handle the volume!

Aleesha said...

my tip is to kick them into a pile - preferably into a corner so you don't have to look at or trip over them.