I must say, however, that I have been pleasantly surprised with our homeowners' insurance. A few years ago we had 100% coverage for a new roof due to a wind storm that took off some of our shingles. The check came quickly and we soon had our new roof.
Recently I noticed a section of our kitchen floor near the sliding glass door was very soft and starting to rot. A handyman came out to give us an estimate and suggested we contact our insurance company...just in case. I thought it would be a long shot, but figured, what did we have to lose?
Brian's been the one in charge of making the phone calls and following up with emails and more phone calls. He's done a good job of staying on top of things, and tonight we got the call...THEY HAVE ACCEPTED OUR CLAIM AND ARE GOING TO SEND US A CHECK!!! We should be able to replace the sliding glass door and all the trim around it, fix the poor outdoor flashing that is causing the water damage, replace the rotten section of our kitchen floor and possibly redo all of the flooring in our kitchen!
We are very grateful! This is work that needs to be done, yet we didn't feel like we could afford to do a big home improvement project like this right now.
It really is an answer to prayer!
3 comments:
Wow - that's awesome!
That is great news! I am glad to hear that is working out for you. You just never know what you will be up against when it comes to making a claim.
That's wonderful news!!! Nice job B for staying on top of it!
Post a Comment