I will not be winning the award any time soon. On Halloween, the boys donned their store-bought costumes (no time or energy to make cute home-made costumes) except for Ben who went as Joe Mauer (and I did have the clever idea to buy sticky felt to make side-burns), and headed outside to take pictures. That's when I realized the battery was dead and so Halloween 2009 would have to be a memory in our minds. However, we were able to take a couple of dark pictures using our video camera.
Fast forward a couple of days. At supper tonight, Adam was not at all interested in the chicken, hash-brown, corn, cheese concoction I made up. I thought it wasn't too bad, but he opted to sneak off to the pantry and dig into the jar of peanut butter. Just imagine the conversation at daycare tomorrow.
"Adam, how are? Did you have a good night last night? What did you have for supper?"
"Peanut butter".
Yep...send the award my way!
5 comments:
Peanut butter isn't the worst thing a boy could eat for dinner. You have three, happy, silly boys. I think you're doing just fine.
Are you ripping on me for being to cheap to buy my kid a costume? :) The boys look great in their costumes and PB for dinner isn't that bad!
Don't beat yourself up, girl. You're doing just great. My kids eat peanutbutter on a spoon all the time! I caught Nelson double dipping in the pb jar the other day and I just about lost it!
Hey the kids had fun and Adam got a little protein, no worries.
I join the chorus! The proof is in the boys, and they are FINE boys, just navigating their childhood years, exploring, testing their freedoms, loving their immediate and extended families, running jumping, crashing into things, and getting loved on quite regularly by a mom and dad that care a WHOLE lot about each one. I'd give it five stars!*****
Post a Comment