If you would have told me a year ago that by Labor Day of 2009 I would have completed two sprint triathlons, I would have told you that you were CRAZY! But, it's true, and I am loving this new hobby. I love the cross training of the three different sports, and I love the sense of accomplishment at the end of a race. It's such a festive atmosphere, and you know you've just done something good for yourself that pushed yourself to the limits.
My bundle of nerves this second time around was a little different because I knew what to expect. I knew the swim would leave me breathless. I knew there would be a monster hill to climb. I knew I'd be starting the run with very wobbly legs. Yet I knew that when I crossed the finish line, I would have an exhilarating feeling, and I did!
My swim and run times improved this second time around, and my average bike speed was just slightly slower. Overall, I was very happy with my results.



6 comments:
Hilary you are awesome! I'm joining you on the racing bike dream even as your times leave me in the dust! :)
and I love that you smile while you doing it!!
Sally is so right. You having the best smile while doing the Tri. I love it! Great job, Hil!
Just when I thought I might catch you, you sped up. Nicely done, Hil!
great job! Loved the video that Brian made....please be sure he's always the commentator. the "don't let em pass you!" and "why don't you run with Holly-she's like 25 yards behind ya" comments killed me.....
You rock, friend!
Post a Comment