**Pictures Added**
Brian: starting his 11th year teaching in the Burnsville district
Hilary: starting my 12th year teaching in the Lakeville district
Ben: starting 3rd grade
Matt: starting 1st grade
Adam: starting another year of part-time daycare with our good friend, Kari
We know we'll have a busy year with lots of new things taking place, but before we know it, we'll be blogging about how fast the year went and what summer of 2010 will hold in store for us!
Overall, Day 1 went pretty well. Adam had the toughest time adjusting with the heart-wrenching, "Mommy, I will miss you if you go to school" line as I was dropping him off at daycare. Fortunately, Dora The Explorer saved the day and he was distracted so I could leave without having to pry him off my arms.
Ben and Matt both had good days, but as expected, came home pretty wiped out. Ben uncharacteristically LOST IT tonight when he found out we were having steak and chicken for dinner. He wanted Mickey Mouse shaped waffles and could not get a grip. Does that sound like a 3rd grader? Maybe a very tired 3rd grader. Matt held it together pretty well, but I tucked him in at 8:20, and when I checked on him at 8:25, he was out!
We're thrilled with the school the boys go to!
Even teachers get nervous on the 1st day!
6 comments:
oh the first day...hugs to everyone
awwwww.....adjusting is hard! Leah's needing a full hour more sleep a night-she has lights out at 7:30 (I'm not complaining!) First grade is hard work :)
So cute - and even the teacher looks awfully cute. :)
Great pictures, however, I think you forgot Brian's first day pic and Adam. : )
There is still time.
Glad you guys are having a good first week. : )
you look super cute, hilary! love hearing that other people's kids melt down re: meals, too.
What a neat family!!! The Fair pic is really fun!!
Post a Comment