7.29.2009

Garage Cleaning

Having 3 boys has taught me to be much more tolerant and patient in many ways. I can remember in our newly-married days spending 1 hour every weekend cleaning our 700 square-foot aprartment. I'm lucky now if I get an hour of cleaning done every 700 days! I can let things go for a while, but as soon as it hits a certain point, I almost physically start to panic. I feel overwhlelmed and out of control, and I really don't like that feeling.

Our garage finally got to that point, so last Saturday was garage cleaning day! We completely emptied everything out, tossed a bunch of junk, found a few missing items, and reorganized the junk that we wanted to keep.

Ahhh, much better!




The chaos


I'm sure the neighbors appreciated looking at this while we cleaned.


Organized junk


What the boys did while we cleaned...and now on to our next project.




4 comments:

shana said...

wanna come do my garage! it's a complete disaster!
congrats on the big accomplishment, that's great!
enjoy the rest of the week . . . and the rest of the summer!
Shana

Kate said...

Honestly, I am not sure we've cleaned our garage since we've moved in. I feel embarrassed now...

blessedby6 said...

Did anybody stop by, thinking you were having a garage sale?

Mrs. Cox said...

good work! it's always a good feeling to get something like that done.