1. Whatever needs repairing gets left for months, if not years untouched.
2. We pay way too much to have someone come out and repair what is broken.
Today I attempted to change that. Our patio screen door has had a small rip near the handle for some time. After a busy weekend filled with lots of kids at our house, the rip grew until eventually the entire left hand side of the screen was flapping in the wind, ever so gracefully.
I just learned recently that stores even sold a do-it-yourself kit for this type of problem. I sent Brian to Home Depot, and less than $15 later, this is what he came home with.

My attempt to rescreen the door on the kitchen floor.

Hard to tell, but it actually came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself!

**UPDATE**
I'm a pro!! I just went around and tightened up loose screens all over our house! I'm lovin' this little tool! Anyone have some screens that need to be fixed?
3 comments:
I do, I do! Come on over and I'd be happy to put you to work. Way to go, Hilary the Builder!
Happy Thursday!
Shana
Nice job, Hil!
I know you cleaned your blinds awhile back. Would you come clean ours? :)
Me, me, me! Come tighten my screens!
Post a Comment