5.10.2009

Mother's Day Weekend 4 Act Play

ACT 1 ~ Friday before Mother's Day

Scene: 5th Grade classroom
Characters: A "ready for summer" teacher, office manager

Office Manager: (over PA system) "Mrs. M, please come to the office immediately!"
Mrs. M: startled and confused walks to office and finds large flower box with her name on it
Mrs. M: (reading card in flower box:) "We love you Mom! Thank you for all that you do for us. Save some of the chocolates for us! Love, Ben, Matt & Adam"





ACT 2 ~ Saturday before Mother's Day


Scene: messy house after lunch
Characters: tired mom, crabby boys

Mom:" Time for naps everyone! Mom is looking forward to a nap, too!"
Boys: Whine, complain, yell
30 min passes...no one is sleeping
Adam: (yells) "I'm ready to get out! "
Mom: "Ben, will you go get Adam out of his crib please. I want to rest just a few more minutes."
Ben
: Goes to Adam's room and quickly returns to Mom's room
Ben: "Adam took all of his clothes off."


Naptime is over.



ACT 3 ~ After failed naptime Saturday before Mother's Day

Scene: Dad walking in with groceries, including a gallon of chocolate milk
Character: Naked Adam, just up from "nap"

Adam: "I want some chocolate milk!"
Adam: Proceeds to refrigerator, takes out brand new gallon of milk and drops it on kitchen floor...milk jug splits open.



ACT 4 ~ Sunday, Mother's Day

Scene: beautiful Sunday morning, 15 mile bike route
Characters: A mother who just taught 3-year old Children's Church and her sister, husbands have taken over kid duty following church


I hope you enjoyed the show!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are Mothers!





3 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

Great play! I love it. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. So glad you took a picture of the milk spill because all of us can relate to what a MESS that was to clean up! Happy mother's day!

PS I would love you to come to Annie! I will get you the dates. Thanks.

shana said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Have a good day today.
Shana

Vivi said...

Never a dull moment over there! I'd say you earned your bike ride. :)