5.18.2009

Backyard Treasures

We had a beautiful Sunday and spent most of the day outside. The boys spotted a bird's nest in the upper corner of the underside of our deck, and we got to witness the mama bird flying out and returning to feed her babies. It was fun to see the beaks of the little babies popping up and waiting for the food to be dropped in.





We found a robin's egg near the trampoline. It actually kind of grosses me out to hold it, but Ben thought it was pretty cool.




We also found this beauty under the trampoline. This definititely grosses me out!



3 comments:

Vivi said...

The mouse is absolutely disgusting. I get shivers looking at even the picture of it...the real thing was worse. YUCK!

Traci said...

I hope you didn't let them pick up the mice! I would have had the disinfectant out like mad. But I am just that way. You were probably much more relaxed. But seriously, did you make Ben wash his hands after touching the egg?

Sally said...

Love the nest, like the egg..the mouse not so much