3.12.2009

Time-Out!

The inevitable "Time-Out" has officially begun for Adam, our 2 year-old. It probably should have been started sooner, but again, child #3!

Before I tell you about his most recent offense, let me remind you that Adam has 2 older brothers, I teach 10-11 year olds, and Brian teaches high school students. The words and stories that are sometimes brought up around the dinner table aren't always, or ever, dinner table appropriate. No, we're not using foul language or exposing our kids to content that is for older kids. However, we probably have a little more leniancy with typical boy and bathroom talk.

So this morning, as I was running an errand to Kohls, Adam begins using his most recent phrase,

"Poop Snot!"

"Mom, that looks like poop snot."
"Mom, what's poop snot?"

"Hey Mom?"
"Yes Adam?"
"Poop snot!"

"Mom, I said poop snot."

Over and over, and over again it went. When we got home, I told him that it made mom sad, through my hidden smile, to hear him talk like that. I explained that if he said it again, he'd have to have a time-out.

In the last hour, he's had 2 time-outs for saying it.

And so the time-outs begin!

3 comments:

Mrs. Cox said...

You go, Mom!

Poop Snot...interesting. And funny. I would have been smiling too!

Sally said...

What does poop snot look like?

Funny, to him those are probably the most gross words he could think of

PTCPAPA said...

Excuse me, please, I'm just testing my ability to leave a comment successfully