When we found out it would be almost $200 to repair my bike, we decided it would be better to just buy a new one. We finally got around to doing that this week.
Since the weather wasn't cooperating and we didn't feel like waiting for a warm-up, we decided to bundle up and ride our bikes to a new little pizza place a couple of miles from home. We probably looked like dorks, but we had a good time!
Brian: "Do you see how that van has pulled too far foward, and now pedestrians can't cross safely?" No joke, that's what he was saying!

Bundled up and ready to ride!

How stylish do I look?!

I took this picture over my shoulder while riding.

Go, Ben, Go!

Side note: When Brian unloaded my new bike from the car, I was a little puzzled when he wheeled it into our kitchen, but didn't question it because I assumed he was going to take off the tags and stickers. The next thing I know, he's wheeling his bike into the kitchen. And then Ben's bike. And then Matt's bike. Of course I had to ask what on earth he was doing, and he said he just wanted to look at all the bikes. "What a bunch of beautiful bikes!" he said while admiring them from the couch. I was puzzled. Still am.

How stylish do I look?!

I took this picture over my shoulder while riding.

Go, Ben, Go!

Side note: When Brian unloaded my new bike from the car, I was a little puzzled when he wheeled it into our kitchen, but didn't question it because I assumed he was going to take off the tags and stickers. The next thing I know, he's wheeling his bike into the kitchen. And then Ben's bike. And then Matt's bike. Of course I had to ask what on earth he was doing, and he said he just wanted to look at all the bikes. "What a bunch of beautiful bikes!" he said while admiring them from the couch. I was puzzled. Still am.
4 comments:
I often shake my head at the things Brian says and does, but I'm almost always laughing. :)
Let's see...
1. Riding his wife's bike.
2. Challenging some 10 year olds to a race through the woods.
3. Losing.
4. Talking to his son about a driver's misdeeds...right in front of the driver
5. Bringing all the bikes into the kitchen.
6. Admiring all the bikes...did I mention they were in the kitchen?
Gotta love him!
I agree with Vivi. This is too funny! Hey, at least you can say that there is never a dull moment with Brian around! I love it.
I haven't laughed out loud like that in a few days... thanks, Brian!
P.S.
Yes, I was laughing AT you, not WITH you, Brian.
P.P.S.
That would have been ME in the van, cuz I'd be saying to myself, "Look at those freaks riding their bikes out in this cold weather. Serves them right to have to wait for me - I have to pull out into this dangerous intersection, and I have places to BE!..."
Post a Comment