Matt got store bought invitations, cupcakes out of a box and the night before I was making a list of games we could play. Fortunately, Matt is a pretty appreciative kid and he was no different for his party. He was all smiles, despite getting up at 6:15 that morning, and when I tucked him in that night he said, "Mom, that was the best birthday party ever!"
Some highlights:
Light Saber Limbo

The crew & their light sabers

Pinning the clothespins as quickly as you can

Clothespin Results

More results

Musical Chairs

Matt and two of his favorite gals!

At this point in the party, only 30 minutes had gone by, so we had to come up with some
He loved his cake (We actually didn't eat this until the evening gathering with family...more on that in the next post!)

How friendly...

Nothing beats a machine gun on a bday cake!

All in all, it went well, but I am glad it's over and that I don't have to think about another birthday party for a while! Adam won't get a party for his 3rd in October, and we'll have to worry about Ben's 9th in December when we get there. Maybe a movie and a sleepover?

How friendly...

Nothing beats a machine gun on a bday cake!

All in all, it went well, but I am glad it's over and that I don't have to think about another birthday party for a while! Adam won't get a party for his 3rd in October, and we'll have to worry about Ben's 9th in December when we get there. Maybe a movie and a sleepover?
6 comments:
we have all those cute, short, chubby star wars guys too!
i have all 5 birthdays in a span of only 10 weeks. We don't do a whole lot of friend parties. Last year the 3 big kids each picked one friend and we went to the Mall of America and went on rides and lunch and a movie.
You are a brave, brave woman! Good work!
Looks like a fun party! The kids are smiling and happy and I know Matt just loved it:) Nice job!
Sometimes less is more...as in less planning = more fun!
The crazy cousin sure had a good time. :)
Love it! The clothes pin game looks fun. You are so creative! I also love the squares you painted in your basement on the walls...very cute. We are into Star Wars over here too. Did you buy those star wars guys or did the cake people put them on? Looks like a great party. Good job, Mom.
Randy always tells me, "Whatever happened to 'just playing' at birthday parties? I never played organized games at MY parties. We all just played." Well, after three kids, I think I may just start saying, "Go play!"
Another issue I have with parties is those annoying goodie bags. I wish everyone would stop sending CR*P home with my kids! It all goes in the garbage when they look the other way...
I can totally relate to the 1st party vs. the others. Poor little Clara had a homemade sign from Victoria taped to her high chair (and Victoria had a huge banner with a picture of her). Pathetic. Oh well. :)
Post a Comment