2.14.2009
Day of Love Disaster!
Valentines Day!! Love, romance and roses.
Or not.
Our family decided we would meet up with Holly's 2 kids (whom we are helping to watch this weekend) and my parents and go to the zoo. We decided we would make a morning of it, so I got lunches made for all 9 of us.
Unfortunately, Brian and I were having severe communication failure today. My request to help clean up the kitchen before we left was interpreted as wipe down the computer screen after checking in on the progress of the Twins Stadium.
My request for helping juggle the 5 kids in the parking lot was interpreted as stay in the car with one child while my parents and I jugggle the other 4, the parking lot, and getting 2 strollers out of the car.
My request for help with watching some of the kids while we walk around Discovery Bay was interpreted as get completely distracted with the dolphins and forget about the kids.
Major communication breakdown!
To top it off, the zoo was having tropical beach day, and every possible Minnesotan who has felt cooped up all winter and needed a taste of the tropics was at the zoo today, so it was VERY busy!
After being in the Discovery Bay area for 10 minutes, my mom and I took all 5 kids into a smaller cove area that has a coral reef display with a waterfall and a place for kids to reach in and touch the water.
Can you guess where this is headed?
My mom. Me. We're frustrated with help we don't seem to be getting from our spouses. 5 kids. Place for kids to reach in the water.
SPLASH!
Yes, Anna took a swim in the coral reef today, less than 15 minutes after arriving at the zoo.
Head to toe she was soaking wet. We got her as dried off as possible, and that was it for Valentine's day at the zoo.
Next year, I think I'll plan to stay home and eat lots of chocolate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hilary, No! What a day for you guys! I will join you next year...save a place for me on the couch and I'll bring the chocolate. :)
Laughing out loud! Too funny! It's so weird how Brian misinterpreted your thoughts/suggestions/ideas??? :):):) Hopefully the rest of the day/weekend is going smoother or did B misinterpret "play with kids while I get dinner ready" for watching the Slam Dunk contest?
Oh no! Perhaps a gift to yourself is in order today!
Oh shoot. I'm sorry about your less-than-stellar Valentine's Day . . . there's always next year. I hope you have a great week!
Shana
Some day you will look back on this and laugh...maybe tomorrow! For our big, romantic V-day, we took the kids to the library so that 3 of them could get library cards. Very sexy.
I'll let you tell that story at Banany's wedding. You've earned it. And, for what it's worth, the kids had a great time with you this weekend! Thank you!
Post a Comment