Did that title get your attention?
As I was getting ready this morning, I heard Matt playing and talking, but wasn't paying too much attention to what he was saying. The next thing I know, he's walking into my bathroom giving me the bird and saying, "I'm swearing, I'm swearing!"
I was horrified!
I'm sure my face must have been pure white, because as soon as I said, "Matt, where did you learn that?" he froze and knew immediately that something wasn't right. Appparently another little boy at school taught it to him.
I wasn't angry. He's 5, and of course he wouldn't know what the gesture means or even what the word swearing means. I took this as the perfect opportunity to explain that he should never use that gesture, and that it means a very bad word.
Ben being Ben asked, "What word does it stand for?"
I said he didn't need to know.
4 comments:
That's it. I'm homeschooling.
Hahaha...I had to tell my eleven year old some swear words last summer. It really bothered her that she wouldn't know what any were if someone said them. But somehow they know about "the swear finger". Not what it means, just that it means something.
My Bible study leader told us her 6 year old said he knew what the 'F' word was. She asked and he said it. He then told her he learned it during reading centers at kindergarten. Sad...
Torrey learned the finger in first grade at a Christian school...from a carpool boy whose dad was on the school board.
I remember wanting to know what all the swear words in the world were too, just so I wouldn't accidentally say them :)
You sure they didn't get it from YOU? :)
Post a Comment