10.05.2008

TC 10 Mile

Today was the day of the Twin Cities 10 mile run! I ran with my friend, Kari, who is part of the Children's Tumor Foundation: ctf.org

Kari's son, Connor, has neurofibromatosis (NF), which is the same disease my cousin Carly had. Kari's affiliation with CTF allowed several of us to run as a team, and they provided the bright yellow tanks as a way to continue to raise awareness. It was very meaningful to run to help Connor, and as a way to honor Carly's memory!

During the run I was thrilled with how I felt! This was my longest road race, and it was a lot of fun! I finished in 1 hr 35 min. I would love to run with the NF Endurance team again!

Brian and the boys, along with my dad and brother (who happened to be in town from CO this weekend)were at the 8 mile mark. It was a real mental boost to have a cheering section.

Pardon the freaky picture...I guess after 8 miles I'm entitled to look like this, right?


Not the most flattering, but a shot from behind...


Feelin' great at mile 8!


Ben made a sign


Matt holding his sign


Brian and his sign

13 comments:

Kari said...

Great job Hilary! Actually if you look at your time, there is a chip time. So you did run what you thought! Way to go, and Thank you for making a difference today by raising awareness for NF!!! We are so lucky to have you for a friend. I appreciate that you came out and trained with me, listen when I am having a down day,and support NF awareness! It is friends like you that have helped get us through a difficult time!
Thanks Hilary!!!!

Heather said...

Great job Hil and Kari!!

Vivi said...

Way to go! I don't know how you run 10 miles, but I'm very impressed!!

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog ..brought tears to my eyes..

Fighting each step for ten miles as we fought for 19 years with NF .

THANK YOU !!
with love from the bottom of my heart !

I loved the guys with the signs too !

ginnymae said...

Way to go Larry! I love the signs. I think anyone would agree with me that after 8 miles of running you look fabulous!

lil' mama said...

You rock Hil! And you came over and played after a short nap!

Kate said...

Way to go!!

blessedby6 said...

Amazing. That is all there is to it.

Unknown said...

Great job Hilary for a wonderful cause!
Brian needs a bigger sign!
I loved the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm very impressed and becoming slightly inspired, although I really do not enjoy running. :o> Keep up the great job!

Anonymous said...

oops! That anonymous was me.

Aleesha said...

Congrats, Hil! I am veryyyyyyy impressed!!

Heather said...

Pic of Ben made me laugh...he's more my style. Lay down in a big fluffy warm sleeping bag and hold my sign up on a big long stick.

Minimal effort.