I admit, I like puzzles. However, I have never completed a 1,000 piece puzzle until just a few days ago. Uncle Robert came to visit, and he brought with him a Frank Lloyd Wright puzzle that I just latched onto. Even Brian couldn't stay away from it.
As we were nearing the end, we all started declaring who should be the one to put the final piece in. (I really thought it should be me since I had invested the most time into the puzzle.) We were down to the last couple of pieces and realized that we were missing one. Brian then told me how earlier in the day someone at swimming lessons asked if he had been working on a puzzle. He was surprised this woman knew that and asked how on earth she could tell! The woman told him he had two pieces stuck to his arm. (It was a warm and humid day.) We figured the last piece had also been stuck to his arm and was now somewhere between our house and the house down the street where we have swimming lessons. Brian retraced his steps a couple of times, but the piece didn't show up.
Later that night when Ben returned home from baseball, he asked if we had finished the puzzle. When I told him that it was done, but we were missing one piece, a sly smile came across his face and he ran inside. That little stinker had hidden a piece before leaving for baseball to ensure the he, and he alone, would be the one to put the final piece in!!
Proof of how big it was
A work in progress
Done in 2 1/2 days!
Thanks for the fun puzzle, Robert!

No comments:
Post a Comment