He's been doing great in his races! I had never been to a XC meet and didn't know what to expect. Sometimes he will race with as many as 200 kids, for distances anywhere from a mile to 2 miles. His pace has shocked all of us. In his first race he ran 7 minute miles, and since then he's been closer to 6:45 and sometimes even 6:30 paces!! He doesn't get his speed from me, that's for sure.
The season is quickly coming to an end, but it has been a lot of fun to see him race, and I would expect he'll be doing it again next year as a 7th grader.
Warming up. I love how his orange shoes go with the school colors of orange and black.
Heading to the starting line
Ready...
Set...
Go!!
The sea of orange is the Tiger boys!
Finish Line!
Ready to see Ben finishing strong!
Wrapping up his 1.25 mile race at a 6:40 pace!
I had no idea how many people attend XC meets! It's a fun, fun atmosphere!
Ben and Josh have been friends since Kindergarten!




5 comments:
Congrat's to Ben!!
Love, Gma
Great job!
That is so impressive!!! I'm not surprised - Ben's got great role models in you and Brian.
That's awesome. I'm not surprised that he's a great runner either! I hope he does this again next year...I still want to come watch a meet!
Hey, Hil! Just catching up on your blog. Nelson ran xcountry this year too. He loved it. Maybe we will run into each other at a meet sometime! :)
Post a Comment