Saturday was hot and windy! Our family stuck it out and watched both games. The team won one and lost one, but they were still alive. Ben had some fantastic fielding and hitting, and some decent pitching. Pitching makes me nervous. I get stressed out watching. He's not a consistent pitcher, so you never know what could happen.
The team went into Sunday morning knowing they could be playing for anything from 1st place to 4th place. The weather took a total 180 degree turn, and it was cold, windy and rainy. We were bundled in coats, blankets, gloves and umbrellas. Again, our whole family stuck it out for the first game. Brian and I have a bit of system down. We alternate who gets to be off kid duty during a game, and this first game on Sunday was mine to enjoy without having to be the chaser. Ben played well! He hit a triple and was responsible for making a double play on his own. The team won the game which put them into the championship.
I took the 3 other boys home because we were all wet, cold and hungry. Brian was giving me inning by inning updates and I was getting nothing done at home while waiting for his texts. I'm surprising even myself by how into these games I'm getting...at a 5th grade level! Ben had another great game! He hit a 2-run homerun, and had some great pitching that got the team out of some close calls!
I was waiting for the final update, knowing that Ben's team had a 12-6 lead with the opposing team at bat last. The update from Brian was taking a while and when he finally called me, he said they had all gotten too busy celebrating the 12-7 tournament win!! How fun to win the hometown tournament!!
Celebrating the win!
11A Champs!


2 comments:
Whoa!!!! Way to go Ben! Nice job kid :) Love the details Hilary. And I was wondering how you guys enjoyed the game with Baby Luke running all over the place :) Good system.
Way to go, Ben!! I was excited for you when I heard you guys took 1st place.
I LOVE the silly team pic...really fun.
Post a Comment