We had a fun and busy weekend celebrating Luke and Adam's birthdays. Uncle Rob and Grandma Marilyn were in town and Nana and Papa came over for cake and ice cream. Holly's family was down for the count with fevers and colds, but we managed to save some cake for them.
Earlier in the day I took Adam, Luke, and Adam's friend Dylan to McDs and then to a corn maze not far from our house. It was a beautiful fall day, and the boys had a great time running through the maze together. I love that we haven't set the precedent of big production birthday parties. Inviting a special friend over to do something a little different was a perfect way for Adam to spend his 5th birthday.


I'm not sure what we'll do in the future about celebrating together or separately with their birthdays just four days apart. This year we took advantage of the "free first birthday cake" from Byerly's, and went ahead and let Adam get the Transformers cake he so had his heart set on. We may not always have individual cakes, but for this year, we just had to do it!
I'm also not sure I'll schedule their yearly dr. visits at the same time ever again. I took both boys in with back-to-back appts, thinking I was being efficient. 2 hours and 7 shots later, we were on our way. Not real fun. BTW, our chunky monkey was 26# and 32" long!
2 comments:
Sounds like a good time. Still can't believe Little Luke is 26#'s!!!!!!!!!!!1
So sad we missed it...Meaty was counting the days down until Adam's bday and he was crushed. I'm glad Adam was able to have a fun day with Dylan and a fun bday party minus the sickos...
Post a Comment