9.11.2011

It Can Wait

I'm struggling to find the balance with all the different roles I have. The first week back to school and daycare has been busy and tiring, and now that Luke is moving and into everything, it just seems that much harder to get anything done. I wasn't to bed until almost midnight every night this first week, and then usually up by 6:00.

I have to be okay letting some things go. Tonight was one of those nights. It was a beautiful Friday night. We've all had a big week of adjustments. I wanted to crash on the couch, but I knew I should either get outside with the boys, attempt to tidy up the house, or do some school work.

We decided to get outside with the boys. Ben and Matt biked, Brian pulled Adam and Luke in the Burley and I ran along side them. We had a nice time together and came back to a messy house, and an empty lesson plan book, but that's okay. It can wait!


We left our Taco Bell wrappers on the table and headed out for our ride.

The never-ending line of backpacks

Luke's trail of toys

My dumping ground

At least the cleaning supplies have made it out of the cupboard!


6 comments:

lil' mama said...

Love it! You're doing a GREAT job mama!

Sally said...

Keepin' it Real

I like things neat and organized too.

But your boys will remember the bike rides and the family times, not how tidy your bedroom is.

Gma Marilyn said...

My favorite saying "It can wait"!!
I can just see your family taking off on the bikes! I love it!!
Gma Marilyn

Vivi said...

My house looks at least as bad as yours and I have half the number of kids and don't work.

Uncle Weebzy said...

As one of four boys, I remember my Mom doing things with us. I honestly don't remember how nice the house was - only that Mom told us "to make our bed" and the ocasional "chores" we did as we got older. But for now, enjoy the days out with the boys.
You're awesome!

blessedby6 said...

You should see my house this week. It seems I can only swing keeping the main level up right now. Not only "it can wait" but "it will HAVE to wait"...